STIRLING PLAYERS YOUTH – WRITERS PROJECT
For youth aged 12-25 years OR a new adult writer who has not had any of their work presented in public before.
Theme: “Last Resorts”
SPY wishes to announce an exciting opportunity for new and young writers.
If you’re interested in giving play writing a go, or if you have something you have already developed which fits in with the theme “Last Resorts,” we encourage you to submit a script to be produced by SPY!
It can be in any genre and style you wish, and is expected to be 15-20 minutes in length.
The scripts will be assessed and undergo an editing process between the writer and project co-ordinator, with the most compatible scripts being chosen to be performed for a three night season at Stirling Theatre in October.
please email expression of interest as soon as possible to the email address below.
• Submissions open from 9th April until 30th June, with 2-4 scripts being chosen. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
• The theme of the project is “Last Resorts,” and we’ll be looking for your interpretation of this theme in your script.
• As the goal of this project is to assist young and new writers in building scripts, please be aware that if your script is selected it will be subject to editing and re-working, in consultation with the writer.
• A director chosen by the project co-ordinator will be allocated to produce each selected script, with auditions being held on 25th July. Once the editing process is complete, the director has full discretion regarding the writer’s involvement in the rehearsal process.
• Writers need to be in the age group of 12-25 years OR a new adult writer who has not had any of their work presented in public before.
• Plays may be 20 minutes in length AT MOST.
• The stage will have no flats and will be using the tab curtains for entrances and exits, so keep this in mind when choosing the setting of your play.
• Small cast plays are preferred. (A minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 cast members).
• Any genre or style is acceptable.
Please notify your expressions of interest to the email address below as soon as possible.
For submission of applications and further enquiries, please contact project co-ordinator Brendan Ellis on 0430171055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Brendan is also available for consultation and advice during the script formulation process.
calendar | 790 reads
The course of true love never did run smooth - especially when it is fickle teenage love